Monday, November 30, 2009

Today

Outside my window... is a junk yard of kid toys... a rusty red wagon from my childhood, two electric cars that need some paint, a trampoline, a play house, a swing set... and lots of fun in the Florida sun.


I am thinking. . .  about Christmas  - what it is really about - and about all the trappings that seem to trap me from remembering what Christmas is really about....




I am thankful for. . . a loving husband who is a lot of fun... three healthy children... a baby in heaven... and my parents and Kenny's parents (who are also my parents).

In the schoolroom...scribbling stars yellow with Pumpkin, and enjoying the start of the Advent season! Oops - forgot today was December 1st - well, maybe we won't do Advent after all...



From the kitchen. . .  planning on having soup and salad for dinner... but not just any soup - soup from La Madeline (Tomatoe Basil -my favorite) - Thanks mom and dad for bringing it from Texas. Salad will be fresh greens, homemade vinaigrette, feta cheese, chili sugar toasted pecans, and mandarin oranges.


I am hoping. . . to have a clean house again someday.


I am hearing. . .listening to a song about dogs in the school learning that includes lots of dogs barking.


Around the house. . .
putting up Fall decorations and getting ready to decorate the Christmas tree.

One of my favorite things. . . Pumpkin spice creamer - which unfortunately was not at Publix this week... sad.


A few plans for the rest of the week. . . a friends wedding!


Here is picture thought I am sharing. .Thanksgiving Feast with my mom's Chicken'n Dressing, Ham, Sweet Potato Casserole, Fruit Salad, Green Beans, and Rolls. Dessert (not pictured) Apple Caramel Pie and Rum Pecan Pie with White Christmas Ice Cream for the Kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment