Tuesday, September 21, 2010

THE SHOW

I went to see some old friends sing. I left full of WORSHIP.

I went to see the SHOW, but felt the PRESENCE of God.

I went to watch, but was REMINDED of God's grace through the years.

I wanted to touch the singers and cling to them for they brought me near Jesus with their words.  But not really...

REALLY God wanted us there and he used  two incredible people that are just as imperfect as me to show us how to WORSHIP.

I wanted to weep with the TRUTH spoken. I wanted to go back to yesterday, but yesterday was not as great as I remember it. I wanted to go back to that church family where I felt the presence so near. It was a place where I ministered and a place were I was ministered to. But God changed it.

The place exists, but it is all different. The people are different. I am different. I can't go back.

God has created a new harbor for me. A new place to minister and a new place to share God's love with others. Yet I sometimes long for yesterday.... for there were many GOOD yesterdays of WORSHIP and LOVE.

I was reminded though that I did not have to be with those singers or people to feel his PRESENCE - that God was always with me. I remembered though that the amazing thing about GOD's FAMILY is that even though I worshiped with people of YESTERDAY I realized they still are HERE and still WORSHIP even if they are not with me. They WORSHIP and one day we will WORSHIP together again in a better place in the PRESENCE OF GOD AND JESUS....

So YESTERDAY was not so important when I have all of TOMORROWS and TODAY to worship and all of ETERNITY to worship with my FAMILY.

We can't live in YESTERDAY.
We can't live in TOMORROW.
We can't live in ETERNITY.

We can choose to live in TODAY.

Thanks Benji & Jenna for making me a part of the WORSHIP. Thank you to my "new" church that I have gotten to be a part of for more than 5 years. You are my family. 


Pause my tunes to hear this beautiful song of worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment